Are you interested in getting involved in an interdisciplinary research project, meeting likeminded people, or finding out about engineering with biology?
Come join researchers, scientists, engineers and technologists at the Cambridge Biomakespace. Located in the historic Laboratory of Molecular Biology near Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, the site has three lab spaces totalling just over 50sqm where it is possible to perform wetlab experiments and a workshop area (coming soon) for rapid prototyping, electronics and dry lab work.
Created by a dedicated team of around 30 volunteers working together, the development of Biomakespace is now in its final stages.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to three lab spaces following induction and safety training.
- Free access to equipment following approriate training.
- A great social community with a passion for biology and enthusiam for collaborating on interesting projects.
- Opportunity to propose projects to run in the space.
- Project support and development, with excellent links to other networks in Cambridge and potential sources of funding.
- Free or reduced-cost training courses in biology, engineering, bioinformatics and more
- Your chance to have an influence on lab development, equipment purchases and community projects
- Eligibility to stand for organisational positions and serve on key committees
Membership is via monthly direct debit on a pay-what-you-can basis - we encourage contributions at the level you think is appropriate given your use of the space and how strongly you want to support our activities. There are minimum contributions laid out below.
Standard Minimum Membership
Student Minimum Membership
If the cost of membership is prohibitive due to your financial situation, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a Member
There are three initial steps to becoming a member of Biomakespace:
- Come and see the space at a 'See the Biomakespace' meeting or at our weekly meetups. View the events calendar for upcoming meetings!
- Meet a Biomakespace committee member for a chat to hear more about Biomakespace and to find out how we can enable you to pursue your interests.
- Fill in an application form
Please note that the space is still being set up and memberships are not active yet - we expect to open properly in Q3 2017.